AEM has released its Version 95 (v95) software update for its Infinity ECU platform. This upgrade delivers several new and enhanced features to the already powerful v92 version of InfinityTuner software, including improved tuning and data logging software navigation. These enhancements include:
- Accel Fuel is enhanced via an added “WallWetting2” 2D table. This new table has a fixed-axis of Coolant Temp [C] vs. Throttle Rate and adds to the existing WallWetting table output, provided an added 4th tuning dimension for this compensation
- More control over the final fuel pulsewidth calculation via an added FuelTrim_1 table, a generic trim multiplier to the fuel pulse calculation. This trim is applied to the actual pulse width instead of only the Lambda Target calculation. The table is 2D with multiple input axes available
- More control over ignition and fuel knock response compensations. Knock Feedback is modified to include decay over individual cylinders or all cylinders
- Improved control over staged fuel activation. A new 1D table 'StagedSwitch'. StagedSwitch table can force staged injection calculations to use primary injectors only, and default table values will allow staged injection. This table can also be used to inhibit secondary injection based on a user-selectable input variable
- Lowside 9 input is now assignable and easier to set up (this lowside was previously hard-coded to Tacho). The associated Setup Wizard page makes it much easier to determine the correct frequency and number of pulses, requiring minimal input from the tuner
- Ability to custom configure a digital output for dashboard vehicle speed displays. Added LS2_Freq [Hz] – LS9_Freq [Hz] 1D tables provide more flexibility in setup because lowside output frequencies are no longer fixed at one value, but can change based on a user defined variable
- Improved control over idle tuning via a new Ignition Trim Idle PID feature. This improvement is ideal for engines with large camshafts that make it difficult to hold a specific idle target speed
- Increased control over idle speed during deceleration in gear conditions. A new Idle Feedback Disable feature can be used to avoid stalling after clutch activation in neutral
- New multi-map features that include two independent Drive-by-Wire target tables. There are now almost limitless ways to create multiple switch-on-the-fly maps for different engine tuning scenarios
- Easier set up and improved flexibility of VVC (variable valve control). An improved VVC function includes added features that make setup easier
NEW INFINITYTUNER SOFTWARE FEATURES:
- All logging related functions now reside in the “Logging” menu
- AutoSave for calibrations on firmware and control model updates. These conversions now happen automatically with little to no end user action required
- Import calibration now supports calibrations from previous versions, which now happens automatically with little to no end user action required
- 3D graphs now support wire frame view better visibility of live table data
- Simplified custom layout file setup:
- Text Grids are now easier to arrange using click and drag
- Additional layout features including ‘Clear’ and ‘Append’ to combine layouts
- New/improved AEM default layout files
- Added Oil Temperature to the Setup Wizard (v2.95) for users who rely on Oil Temperature data and require custom calibration data input
Download a copy of v95 of InfinityTuner software with these improvements at www.aemelectronics.com.
The Infinity EMS delivers high-end engine control for the racing masses at a fraction of the cost. Built around a latest-generation 200MHz automotive processor, the Infinity is capable of processing 400 MIPS (millions of instructions per second). For a limited time, all Infinity systems come fully enabled without the need for feature add-on purchases. Combined with AEM’s industry leading after-purchase support system, including free technical support, the Infinity is the ultimate engine control solution for both professional race teams and weekend track cars.
THIS PRODUCT MAY BE USED SOLELY ON VEHICLES USED IN SANCTIONED COMPETITION WHICH MAY NEVER BE USED UPON A PUBLIC ROAD OR HIGHWAY, UNLESS PERMITTED BY SPECIFIC REGULATORY EXEMPTION (VISIT THE “EMISSIONS” PAGE AT HTTP://WWW.SEMASAN.COM/EMISSIONS FOR STATE BY STATE DETAILS. INSTALLERS/USERS LOCATED OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES SHOULD ACT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE INSTALLER AND/OR USER OF THIS PRODUCT TO ENSURE THAT IT IS USED IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS, AND THIS PRODUCT MUST NOT BE PURCHASED IF THE INTENT IS TO USE IT IN AN UNLAWFUL MANNER.