AEM has released its Vehicle Dynamics Module (VDM,PN 30-2203) allowing users with an Infinity ECU or AQ-1 Data Logger to add track mapping and chassis dynamics data to their engine data! The VDM provides G Forces, pitch, roll and yaw from its integrated 3-axis accelerometer and gyrometer, and vehicle speed, vehicle position and altitude through GPS/GLONASS coordinates and transmits it via AEMnet CANbus through a simple DTM connection. With a suggested street price of $375.00, there has never been a more affordable way to capture position data for track mapping!
The AEM VDM is an AEMnet CANbus enabled device with an on-board 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis gyrometer and 5Hz GPS + GLONASS that provides position accuracy. The VDM’s GPS + GLONASS deliver vehicle speed, position, heading and altitude, enabling you to create track maps using AEMdata’s track mapping software, while the accelerometer and gyrometer provide critical data for chassis tuning. Because AEM publishes its AEMnet CAN protocol, the VDM may also work with 3rd party programmable engine management systems and data loggers who accept AEMnet.
Installation is simple and virtually no set up is required. It is powered by the AEMnet connection, so you simply mount the weather resistant-module in the correct orientation at the correct angle and connect it to the AEMnet adapter of your Infinity ECU, AQ-1 Data Logger or X-Series GPS-based speedometer. Data from the VDM does not require configuration; It is recognized by the Infinity (software v96.2 or newer) or AQ-1 (software v1.7 or newer) and the channels are added to the data logs. The GPS/GLONASS antenna is IP67 rated (completely dustproof, waterproof to 1m) for mounting on the outside of the vehicle.
- GPS latitude & longitude delivers AEMdata track map functionality via AEMnet CANbus
- Easily add GPS, lateral G, altitude, pitch and roll data to engine data logs!
- Simply install it in the correct position, connect to AEMnet and the data streams through AEMnet CANbus!
- Continuous time data can be used for Infinity USB log file naming
- Accelerometers supply all 3-axis acceleration data for chassis tuning
- Ideal for road racers who want to use the gyrometer data for suspension adjustments
- Perfect for drag racers who want G-loads and wheel stand data
- GPS vehicle speed, heading and altitude logged for data analysis, lap comparisons
- Status LED indicates power & GPS signal
- Weather resistant enclosure with IP67 rated GPS/GLONASS antenna
Advanced Engine Management’s performance electronics are Engineered to Outperform. The company designs, manufactures and assembles engine management systems, wideband air/fuel systems, data loggers, water/methanol injection systems, performance gauges, boost controllers, ignition components, fuel delivery components and adjustable cam gears at its corporate headquarters in Hawthorne, CA.