Are you detail-oriented, like to get things done, and are driven to excellence? Do you have a passion for motorsports?
Do you want to help our customers win championships? Then, this may be the job for you, and we want to talk to you! Burns Stainless is an exhaust manufacturer with an over 30-year history of helping competitors win championships. Located in Costa Mesa, CA, we manufacture exhaust components and systems that power some of the fastest vehicles on the planet and we are looking for an Operations Director
The Operations Director oversees the organization’s daily business activities. They are responsible for managing its resources, developing and implementing an operational plan, and ensuring that procedures are carried out properly.
Additionally, the Operations Director regularly evaluates organizational efficiency and profitability and makes necessary changes to maximize staff productivity. The Senior Director of Operations assesses the needs of the company and finds ways to contribute to the big picture by ensuring daily operations run smoothly and as
efficiently as possible. Duties of the Operations Director include:
1. Manages Employees: Office Manager, Warehouse Manager, Lead Fabricator,
Fabricators and Bender/Fabricators
2. Manages all Orders and Ensures Their Timely Delivery, Quality Standards are
Met, Accuracy of Inventory & Controls.
3. Manages & Effectively Communicates Work Order/Sales Order Statuses and
Identifies Potential Delays to CEO, Sales & Customers as Applicable
4. Ensures a Positive and Productive Work Environment and Maintains
Established Company Culture
5. Ensures Open and Timely Communication between all Departments,
Employees, and Independent Contractors as Needed and Applicable for
Optimal Company Operations
6. Assists Sales & CEO, as needed, to Complete New Business Quotes with
details on all Costs, Timelines, and Material Details.
7. Product knowledge to be able to field technical questions and calls when
8. Working Knowledge of Fabrications, Bends, Welding, Assemblies, etc. and
Ability to Identify Quality Issues, Introduce Time and Materials Savings and
Step into Manufacturing Jobs as Needed.
9. Formalize quality assurance and quality control systems.
10. Establish maintenance procedures and schedule for shop equipment.
11. Ensures Proper Accounting for all Assembly Builds, Time & Materials, Work
Hours, Inventory Movement
12. Manages and Ensures Safe Working Conditions. Ensures Ongoing Safety
Meetings are conducted, Reports all Injuries or Incidences directly to the
13. Manages all Sub-Contractors and Places Orders and Needed
Communication with Department Heads and Sub-Contractor, Ensures Product
Quality, and Ontime Delivery
The waiting period may apply
Only full-time employees are eligible
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
Outcome-oriented — results-focused with a strong performance culture
Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
A job for which military-experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
A college diploma is highly desirable
No Working Remotely
Are you interested? Contact-