Destructive crankshaft torsional vibration accelerates the wear of critical engine components when performance upgrades are made. VW, Audi, and Porsche vehicles equipped with a VR6 engine can now protect their investment with the latest performance damper from Fluidampr® (Part 21, Suggested Retail $485). Fluidampr features race quality viscous damper technology that protects across the entire rpm range with a far greater lifespan compared to tuned rubber based designs. Fluidampr performance dampers never need to be tuned or rebuilt. Similar viscous damper technology can be found as original equipment on VW Group’s luxury sportscars, the Audi R8 and Lamborghini Gallardo with 5.2L V10 engines.
Engineered and tested in conjunction with world renowned race engine builders USP Motorsports, INA Engineering, 034 Motorsport and Integrated Engineering, the damper is an easy-to-install, bolt-on upgrade for VR6 engines.
- Exceptional crankshaft torsional vibration control throughout entire rpm range.
- Increased torque and horsepower.
- Easy to install. Accepts OEM style crankshaft pulley tool. Removable crankshaft key included with damper.
- Stock size 7 rib pulley does not overdrive/underdrive accessories. Can be used with 5 or 6 rib belt applications.
- Easy bolt-on of additional accessories drives. Features 3 bolt pattern (2.3” circle, M8x1.25 thread pitch). Adapters may be required.
VW VR6 Chassis Dyno Results
Controlled testing on a near stock VR6 engine utilizing a chassis dynamometer, at a rate of 1,000rpm per 2 seconds from idle to 6,000rpm, resulted in an average 3.3 whp and 4.0 lb-ft torque gains across the rpm range over the stock harmonic balancer. Peak difference came at 3,700 rpm with 8.1 whp and 11.5 lb-ft torque. Controlled pulls allow torsional vibrations to ‘stack up’ and provide a more accurate test result of a damper’s ability to protect. Application specific, actual performance results may vary.
Fluidampr performance dampers feature premium CNC precision machined and computer balanced components, corrosion resistant brilliant black zinc chromate finish with engraved timing marks, logos and is SFI 18.1 approved. Made in the USA. ISO 9001:2008 certified.