JE Pistons Wants You!
MotoIQ Staff Report
Do you have an engineering degree? Are you a hands on enthusiast? Do you want to work in the performance and racing industry? If so JE Pistons wants you!
Application Design Engineer
JE Pistons, Inc., the leader in forged racing pistons, manufactures pistons for high-performance engines, combining technical excellence with responsiveness to meet and exceed customer needs. We are seeking an Application Design Engineer who is passionate about the automotive or powersports performance industry.
Design Engineer job responsibilities include determining design specifications from customer requirements to design forged and billet pistons using SolidWorks. Additional responsibilities include assigning appropriate machine processes and tooling to manufacture pistons, overseeing piston designs throughout the manufacturing process, and resolving problems during production. The qualified candidate will possess the following knowledge and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field with a minimum of 1-2 years of work experience
• Experience in 3D modeling and FEA, preferably utilizing SolidWorks and CosmosWorks/Simulation
• Solid background in internal combustion engine technology, both hands-on and theory
• Familiarity with precision measurement tools including micrometers, height gauges, dial indicators, and calipers
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles and concepts through previous work and educational experience
• High level of self-initiative with the ability to conceptualize, implement, manage and execute multiple projects and tasks with minimal supervision
• Must be able to work within six sigma teams to identify and address quality issues throughout the entire organization on a continual basis
• Understanding of lean principles, FMEA, and GD&T is a plus
• Must be a motorsports enthusiast with a strong passion for performance and commitment to continual improvement
Benefits include a comprehensive package of medical, life insurance, AD&D benefits, cafeteria plan, flexible spending account, 401K, tuition reimbursement and a casual, fun work environment. Salary is commensurate with experience.
JE Pistons, Inc.