NOW HIRING: JE Pistons Needs a Product Manager!
JE Pistons, Inc., the leader in forged racing pistons is looking for a Product Manager who is passionate about the automotive and powersports performance industry.
The Product Manager is responsible for the product management, planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle including, gathering and prioritizing product and customer needs and requirements, defining the product vision, developing and managing product branding, holding current competitive knowledge of products and strategies, and working closely with all stakeholders, both internal (i.e. R&D, sales, marketing) and external (i.e. customers, industry leaders, subject matter experts) to ensure sales revenues, profitability and customer satisfaction metrics are achieved. The Product Manager’s responsibilities also include ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals. The position reports to the Marketing Manager and will make regular visits to the marketplace to investigate applications, distributors, and competitors and to maintain familiarity with the business climate.
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Product Development) through customer needs, product requirements, market trends, and product positioning.
- Developing and implementing a global go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute successfully.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product line.
- Maintain market and competitive intelligence and guide product strategy.
- Propose and manage an overall budget to ensure success.
- This position will require domestic and international travel.
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred) in science or marketing from four-year college or university; and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent networking skills to develop organizational support for product line success.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, prospective customers, employees, and the general public.
- Strong PC skills and proficient in MS Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to influence others without formal authority.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Excellent project management skills and with the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities at one time.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Very knowledgeable of the piston industry and previous customer service, sales, or marketing experience in the performance racing industry.
For more information, check out the listing on JE’s website HERE or simply contact JE using the information below and make sure you mention you read about it on MotoIQ!
JE Pistons, Inc.
15312 Connector Lane
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
Fax (714) 901-6973