Royal Purple Develops New 0W-20 Motor Oil & Proprietary Bottle
Royal Purple has announced the release of their new 0W-20 motor oil. The introduction of this viscosity was prompted by Toyota and Honda recommending zero weight synthetic motor oil for a growing number of new models. Lower viscosity oils are used to help improve fuel economy.
Royal Purple 0W-20 exceeds industry standards and is an American Petroleum Institute (API) SN licensed motor oil. It provides distinct performance advantages.
- Synthetic defense against wear – Superior additive technology decreases metal-to-metal contact and exceeds the wear protection requirements of both dexos1™ and International Lubricant Standardization and Approval Committee (ILSAC) GF-5 specs.
- Optimized fuel efficiency and ethanol compatibility – Its low coefficient of friction results in greater fuel efficiency. It also offers improved compatibility with fuels containing ethanol. Advanced additive technologies prevent white sludge and lubrication starvation that can occur with ethanol fuel, even at levels of 20% or higher.
- Extended emissions protection – Patented ZDDP additive technology optimizes catalytic converter life.
- Maximum corrosion protection – No rust was observed in standard industry corrosion tests.
- Royal Purple SAE 0W-20 will be available at performance retailers this summer. Royal Purple recommends using their premium synthetic oil filter with the new 0W-20 for maximum protection against contamination.
Royal Purple has also introduced a new proprietary quart bottle to the consumer market. While maintaining the trademark purple bottle and yellow cap, the new bottle features an embossed logo that serves as an anti-counterfeiting measure.
There have not been any incidents to date, but we know our rapid growth and expansion into additional international markets makes RP (Royal Purple) more tempting to counterfeiters. We also thought it was important to upgrade the look of the bottle to convey the quality of the product it contains,” said Director of Consumer Marketing Randy Fisher. “We’re simply trying to be proactive,” he added.
The embossed logo required the creation of a special mold and would be very difficult to replicate,” said Royal Purple packager Oscar Botello. Although the bottles underwent a structural and esthetic upgrade, Royal Purple was diligent in keeping the “shelf footprint” of the bottle the same so that distributors and retailers would not be impacted.
All Royal Purple products currently packaged in the industry-standard F-style bottle are being converted to the new bottle, and are being rolled out to retailers as inventory is restocked. Products in the new bottle will be distributed through more than 24,000 retailers such as AutoZone, Advanced Auto, CarQuest, NAPA, O’Reilly Auto Parts and Pep Boys, and e-retailers Lucky7Trucks.com, Pace.com, Jegs.com, SummitRacing.com and DennisKirk.com.
About Royal Purple
Royal Purple manufactures synthetic products for numerous industrial and consumer needs. Join the Royal Purple on Facebook at www.facebook.com/officialroyalpurple and Twitter @RoyalPurpleInc. For more information on Royal Purple or its products, contact Royal Purple Inc., One Royal Purple Lane, Porter, TX 77365, 281-354-8600, www.royalpurple.com.