SEMA Memorial Scholarship Fund – APPLY NOW!
Since 1984, the SEMA Memorial Scholarship has awarded more than $1.5 MILLION in scholarships to more than 600 students who exhibit a passion for cars and trucks. If you're a student pursuing a career in the automotive industry who is working toward a 2 or 4 year degree, APPLY NOW! The SEMA Memorial Scholarship application is online through April 6, 2012!
Scholarship assistance is available for career paths in:
- Information Technology
- Race Car Driver/Crew
Scholarships will be awarded annually in increments of $1,000 to $4,000 for the following categories:
- Graduate studies ($1,000 – $2,000 awards)
- 4-year studies ($1,000 – $2,000 awards)
- Two-year vocational or technical program ($1,000 awards)
- Member dependent or employee of SEMA or PWA ($1,000 – $2,000 awards)
- Loan forgiveness ($1,000 awards)
- Top student ($4,000 award)
- Students may reapply each year as long as they continue to meet the eligibility criteria.
- The scholarships are to be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for course load.
- Institutions must be accredited two-year or four-year colleges/universities in the United States.
- A student may transfer from one institution to another and retain the award.
|This Dodge Charger and Dodge Avenger were auctioned in 2011 on eBay to generate proceeds to benefit the SEMA Memorial Scholarship Fund.|
To be eligible you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen enrolled in a full-time program of study at an accredited university, college or vocational/technical program in the United States.
- If currently attending a four-year accredited university or college, you must have completed a minimum of 50 credit hours.
- If currently attending a two-year accredited community college or vocational/technical program, you must
- have completed a minimum of 25 credit hours
- have a minimum 2.5 grade point average
- be pursuing studies leading to a career in the automotive aftermarket or related field
- remain enrolled as a full-time student for the first full semester following the award
***Note: If you are currently a high school senior, you are not eligible to apply.***
|The SEMA Scholarship Fund also has a Facebook page, so don't forget to “Like” them for application advice, career networking resources, SEMA News and SEMA Show Student Program updates!|