The final results of the weekend resulted in 5 new class/track records. It was great to watch some of the local NASA Time Trial competitors compete within the Global Time Attack series to see how things stack. There was some stiff competition in the Unlimited AWD class as well as for overall champion where there was less than a 1 second difference between the 2nd through 5th place cars.
1. Jeff Westphal GST Motorsports Subaru Impreza 1:03.267
2. Tony Wiesenhahn TurninConcepts Subaru WRX 1:05.903
3. Whit Staples Atlantic Motorsports/Fortune Auto Evo 9 1:06.916
4. Michael Oromaner JMR Garage Mitsubishi Evo 10 1:15.809
1. Joey Scarallo Group-A Racing Pontiac GTO 1:05.808 (New Record)
2. Johnny Scarallo Group-A Racing Chevrolet Vette 1:07.588
3. Michael Ellis Chevrolet Corvette 1:09.212
4. Frank Hart S-Max Performance Nissan S14 Silvia 1:13.026
5. Alan Cohen CTSV Racing Cadillac CTS-V 1:15.051
1. Chris Rado Need for Speed WORLD Racing Scion tC 1:06.232
2. Rafal Listopad Bergen Woodworks Dodge SRT-4 1:20.878
1. Mark Forenbaher Team Foren Mitsubishi Evo 9 1:13.970
2. Andrei Rodriguez Akuma Motorsports Mitsubishi Evo 1:15.990
1. John Shafer Akuma Motorsports Nissan 370Z 1:20.000
1. Todd Reid Reid Speed/Fortune Auto Honda Civic 1:13.794 (New Record)
1. Daniel O’Donnell Professional Awesome Mitsubishi Evo 7 1:10.694 (New Record)
2. Marc Cantor Alwaysinboost Racing Mitsubishi Evo 1:15.414
1. Bryan Hedian Wired Race Team Honda S2000 1:17.179 (New Record)
1. Doug Wind Modern Performance Dodge SRT-4 1:12.210 (New Record)
1. Chieu “Kevin” Nguyen Nguyen Nguyen Racing Mitsubishi Evo 1:17.520
2. Nelson Velez Nelson Racing Mitsubishi Evo 9 1:22.027
1. John Cui Wired Race Team Honda S2000 1:24.370
1. Jake Silverio Turtle Racing Acura TSX 1:36.113
|To the victor go the spoils. That or doing silly things with champagne and having them captured for the interweb. “Things are about to pop off Y0!”|
To top off the weekend there was little carnage and no one went for a ride in the meat wagon. After avoiding the champagne spray at the awards ceremony (others were not so lucky) we quickly learned that despite the fact that Nads runs like a girl he has clearly ran from the police before. We proceeded back to the pits and I was greeted by Mike Warfield with his $ in hand. A man of his word he paid up after some good old America versus British ribbing.
|From left to wrong: Professional Left Man, Professional Middle Man, and Barry Black… err. White of MIQ Radio.|
There were a few times when I personally thought I was going take a header from the heat and quite honestly I think many of our brains were not firing on all cylinders by the end of the event. I believe the quote that best described our mental status was something like “trying to find fried beef at a tofu place”, yeah exactly, it makes no effing sense and yet despite this mental collapse I had one of the best weekends in recent memory.
We will do it all again September 21st and 22nd when GTA hits Texas Motor Speedway so get off your couch and join us!