Improved Racing Releases Oil Cooler Thermostat for C7 Chevrolet Corvette
Improved Racing has just released the first oil cooler adapter with a built-in thermostat for the C7 Corvette.
“The C7's factory water-to-oil heat exchanger is acceptable for street use, but insufficient for track or performance use,” says the company's President and lead engineer, Michael Ihns. ??He says replacing the factory unit with a traditional air-to-oil cooler can reduce both oil and coolant temps at the track. “But without a thermostat,” he says, “you risk over-cooling the oil on the street and will experience long engine oil warm-up times, resulting in excess engine wear.”
The thermostatic adapter is available in 180°F and 212°F minimum temperature ratings. It features an auxiliary port that can be used for a sensor, a turbocharger oil supply line, or an oil accumulator with the company's optional adapter fittings.
Improved Racing says that complete oil cooler kits for both the C6 and the C7 Corvette are in development and will be available soon.
Features and Benefits
- 100% bolt-on in place of the factory heat exchanger, just above the oil filter
- Built-in thermostat helps reduce engine wear and horsepower losses by preventing oil temperatures from dropping below optimal levels
- Maintains a minimum oil temperature of 180°F (82°C) or 212°F (100°C) in most conditions (select preferred temperature from the drop down above)
- Rebuildable – just send it back to us and we will replace the thermal actuator, spring and seals
- Extra OUT port can be used for a sensor, turbo oil feed line, or oil accumulator
- Retains stock oil filter location
- Oil exiting the adapter is filtered oil
- 6061-T6 billet aluminum construction with black MIL-A-8625 Type II anodized finish
- High-temp Viton seals
- Lifetime Warranty
- Made in the USA
- 1x Thermostatic oil cooler adapter block for LT1/LT4 engines
- 1x Gasket
- 2x Zinc-plated steel mounting screws
- 1x -8AN plug
- Detailed installation instructions
- 2x Black anodized -08AN, -10AN, or -12AN adapter fittings with Viton O-rings
- 1x 1/8″ NPT or M12x1.5 sensor port adapter fitting
- Note: This oil adapter is designed for O-ring boss fittings with a straight thread length of 0.500″ or less. We recommend using our fittings in order to guarantee proper fitment and seal.
- We recommend using a straight hose end fitting for the OUT port and a 90-degree hose end fitting for the IN port. For additional clearance, use our low profile hose end fitting on the IN port (part number DO-090-10-08 (-8AN lines) or DO-090-10-10 (-10AN lines). Note only one O-ring boss adapter fitting is needed when using this low-profile hose end.
- 2014+ Chevrolet Corvette (C7), all models
- May also fit other vehicles using the Gen V Chevrolet small block LT1, LT4, L86 and L83 engines
- Does NOT fit the 2016+ Camaro SS oil pan
To learn more, visit the company's website at www.improvedracing.com or give them a call at 407-705-3054.