When the teams and their trailers rolled into Buttonwillow for Round 1 of Global Time Attack ProAm Speed District the clouds followed closely behind them. Would the weather hold out and allow some new records or would Mother Nature display her powers and keep the drivers under her spell?
Fastest in the Enthusiast Class at RD1 GTA Pro Am Speed DistrictButtonwillow 2015 Ron Chang 11Motors Honda S2000 ran a 2:00.493 in slippery conditions.
Fastest in the Street Class at RD1 GTA Pro Am Speed District Buttonwillow 2015 Rif Dagher Platte Forme a.g. Chevy Corvette ran a 1:54.839 in the wet conditions.
Fastest in the Limited Class at RD1 GTA Pro Am Speed DistrictButtonwillow 2015 Taylor Wilson Snail Performance Arizona Subaru who ran a 1:57.021.
Overall fastest of the day and in the Unlimited Class at RD1 GTA Pro Am Speed District Buttonwillow 2015 Dai Yoshihara in the Spoon Sports USAHonda Civic ran a 1:49.563 while the rain kept falling.
It rained on and off throughout the day. Normally during the GTA A Group sessions. All class winners were rewarded with a Meister Watch.
Global Time Attack Pro Championship 2015 Schedule
1. May 8-9 GTA Road Atlanta Formula Drift
2. October 17-18 GTA NOLA Speed & Style
3. November 11-12 GTA Super Lap Battle Buttonwillow
Global Time Attack Pro Am Speed District 2015 schedule
1. February 22 Buttonwillow, CA
2. June 21 Streets of Willow, CA
3. July 19, Big Willow, CA
4. September 20 Big Willow, CA
Full Results Below
- 1st Place 01:49.563 Daijiro Yoshihara Honda Civic Type-R
- 1st Place 01:53.610 Travis Barnes Subaru WRX
- 2nd Place 02:08.580 33 Canaan Oco Mitsubishi EVO
- 1st Place 01:57.021 Taylor Wilson Subaru WRX
- 2nd Place 02:03.437 Mitch Fagundes Audi R8
- 3rd Place 02:07.790 50 Roy Narvaez Nissan GT-R
- 4th Place 02:10.519 3 Justin Bordonaro Mitsubishi Evolution 8
- 5th Place 02:17.199 0 Scottie Burrough Nissan GT-R
- 1st Place 02:15.985 11 Kevin Courtney Honda Accord
- 1st Place 02:04.662 98 Tony Jackson BMW M3
- 2nd Place 02:08.591 107 Will Wattanawongkiri Mazda RX-7
- 3rd Place 02:10.414 Rif Dagher BMW M3
- 4th Place 02:14.566 36 Michael Sutton BMW M3
- 5th Place 02:16.202 Frisili Casasola Mazda RX-7
- 6th Place 02:17.638 21 Jason Paul Honda S2000
- 1st Place 02:12.834 412 Sally McNulty Subaru WRX
- 1st Place 02:28.501 32 Bob Apodaca Honda Civic
- 1st Place 01:54.839 Rif Dagher Corvette C7
- 2nd Place 01:58.392 Mark Tsai BMW Z4M
- 3rd Place 02:01.225 57 Karla Pestotnik Honda S2000
- 4th Place 02:03.455 15 Andrew Nier Ford Mustang GT
- 5th Place 02:11.623 27 Frank Vasquez BMW E36 M3
- 6th Place 02:22.197 Brandon Guyett Toyota MR2
- 1st Place 02:20.284 176 AJ Sanders Subaru WRX STi
- 2nd Place 02:27.095 6 Cody Gilbert Subaru STi
- 1st Place 02:00.493 11 Ron Chang Honda S2000
- 2nd Place 02:37.588 20 Fei-Long Tran Scion FR-S