I had some concepts in my head on how the parts for the air-to-water intercooler setup would fit. As is often the case, things don’t quite work out the way one had envisioned. So, a few on-the-fly adjustments will be required. Aside from the air-to-water intercooler setup needing air, so does the intake for the Garrett G25-660 turbocharger.
Way back when, I came up with the idea for my control arm mounted brake ducts because I wanted to save the space of the front bumper fake openings for something. Well, that something has come and it’s to provide cool air to the turbo intake and turbo area. Baero 3d prints some bumper ducts that fit right in.
Select a cutting tool of your choice. I have a Dremel which would probably offer more precision, but I went the route of the angle grinder with a cutting wheel. More power!
I used some JB Weld with a 5-minute initial curing time to give some time to apply the stuff and place the duct before things started to harden. There’s going to be some part-to-part variation, so line up the duct first to figure out which surfaces will have the best contact.
This other side had a gap which I went back over later to fill with some more JB Weld.
Here’s both bumper ducts installed. Of course, the second one turned out a bit cleaner. It’s always easier the second time around, like engineering classes. The passenger side air duct, I was originally going to use to help provide cooling air to the intake too, but I may use it to direct cooling air into the area of the turbocharger and wastegate.