Here is a list all of all the torque specs for this installation:
- Front strut to strut tower: 24 ft lbs
- Front strut to knuckle (top): 74 ft lbs + 90 degrees
- Front strut to knuckle (bottom):52 ft lbs + loosen + 74 ft lbs
- Front Sway link to strut/sway bar: 72 ft lbs
- Rear shock top: 11 ft lbs + 26 ft lbs
- Rear shock bottom: 41 ft lbs + 60 degrees
- Rear LCA to knuckle: 59 ft pbs + 90 degrees
- Rear Sway link to LCA: 15 ft lbs + 180 degrees
- Rear Sway link to sway bar: 37 ft lbs
- Rear Caliper: 85 ft lbs
- Rear brake pad wear sensor connector: 5.9 ft lbs
- Lug nuts: 95 ft lbs
How does this suspension work to convert mom’s car to drifting? The cars overall balance is much better. Body roll, dive and squat are greatly reduced as is understeer. All of this makes the car much easier to drift, especially once we adjusted the damping. The car is still big and heavy but it can now drift without so much of the weight transfer tricks that we were using. As another plus, the car is greatly improved for grip driving as well. As a mom plus factor, the ride quality can also be adjusted to be smoother than stock!
Please don’t tell my mom what we are doing, she is going to kill me!