|Cyber Evo was behind their 2010 championship time, but before anyone could start speculating on who would dethrone last year’s champ Tarzan put down a 1:30.3690.|
|Sierra Sierra did not go out in the morning or mid day sessions, but ran a 1:30.7490 in the afternoon session. Good enough for 3rd place. Something tells me they have a little something saved up for tomorrow.|
Now lets go over the rules for each of the individual classes, starting with the Pro Class. This is where the big boys come out to play! Teams competing in the Pro Class must be invited by the WTAC selection panel.
Pro Class Specific Rules
- All convertible type vehicles must be equipped with a roll cage that complies with CAMS Regulations for Speed Events, and/or meets the approval of the Chief Scrutineer.
- Carbon fibre and other lightweight body kits/panels are allowed, all bodies must still retain the OEM factory body look and style.
- Roofs may be lowered.
- OEM strut towers must be retained.
- OEM firewall must be retained. Modifications to the firewall are allowed for roll cage, engine fitment, transmission fitment and wiring. All holes must be sealed. If the firewall is provisioned to allow clearance for a different engine or allow gearbox/drive train fitment, all material must be replaced with the same thickness sheet metal as the factory material.
- The rear most part of the engine block may be no more than 2 inches rearward of the most forward point of the firewall, If the vehicle is rear engine, the front most part of the engine block may be no more than 2 inches forward of the most rear point of the firewall.
- Chassis rails may be modified for fitment issues, all chassis rail modifications must be submitted to the promoter for approval.
- All vehicles must have a minimum 6 point roll cage that complies with Schedule J of CAMS General Requirements for Cars and Drivers, in the CAMS Manual for Motorsport.
- Roll Cages may pass through the firewall. The firewall must be sealed.
- Aerodynamic aids are unrestricted with the exception of cars utilizing mechanical force to create a low pressure area under the vehicle.
- Nitrous systems are not permitted.
- Leaded fuels are not permitted.
- Methanol is not permitted.
- Vehicles fitted with sideways or rearward-facing exhaust outlets. If rearwards, the outlet/s shall be between 100mm and 450mm above the ground and shall not protrude more than 150mm beyond the rearmost portion of the vehicle. If directed sideways, the outlet/s must be located rearward of the midpoint of the wheelbase. In any case, they shall not project beyond the maximum width of coachwork or terminate more than 50mm within the plan view of the adjacent coachwork.
- All vehicles must be equipped with a full length dashboard.
|The 1:30.6160 of Garage Revolution’s RX-7 gave them the first place spot for most of the day.|
|I’m guilty of poking fun at this car as much as the next guy, but I’m also man enough to admit when I’m wrong. The MCA Suspension S13 ran strong and is currently in 7th place with a 1:33.9720. And yes, we will be doing a full MotoIQ Inside Look of this car and bringing you some very interesting details on why and how this car’s aero package was developed.|